12) Nolan MP, Luong JC, Valliere JM, Mazer SJ, D’Antonio CM. Rethinking local seed sourcing for the restoration of a foundational grass species in California. Restoration Ecology. https://doi.org/10.1111/rec.13992
11) Luong JC, Press DM, Holl KD. Lessons learned from an interdisciplinary evaluation of long-term restoration outcomes on 37 restored coastal grasslands in California. Biological Conservation 280(109956). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biocon.2023.109956
10) #Luong JC, Villanueva EM, Bauman TA. Native and invasive bunchgrasses have different responses to trail disturbance on California coastal prairies. Plant Ecology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11258-022-01284-z
9) Toone TA, Ahler SJ, Larson JE, Luong JC, Martinez-Baena F, Ordóñez-Parra CA, Silva MC, van der Ouderaa IBC. Inclusive restoration: Ten recommendations to support LGBTQ+ researchers in restoration science. Restoration Ecology.
7) Luong JC, Loik ME. 2022. Adjustments in physiological and morphological traits suggest drought-induced competitive
release of some California plants. Ecology and Evolution 12(4): e8773.
4) Luong JC, Holl KD, Loik ME. 2021. Leaf traits and phylogeny explain plant survival and community dynamics in response
to extreme drought in a restored coastal grassland. Journal of Applied Ecology 58(8): 1670-1680.
3) Luong JC, Loik, ME. 2021. Selecting coastal California prairie species for climate-smart grassland restoration. Grasslands 31(1): 4-9.
2) Luong JC, Nolan MN, Stratton LC. 2019. The importance of pilot studies and understanding microhabitat requirements
when reintroducing endemic plants during coastal dune restoration. Journal of Coastal Conservation 23: 552-562.
3-min Video Summary
+Mentorship paper #Published with undergrads