11) Luong JC, Press DM, Holl KD. Lessons learned from an interdisciplinary evaluation of long-term restoration outcomes on 37 restored coastal grasslands in California. Biological Conservation 280(109956). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biocon.2023.109956
10) #Luong JC, Villanueva EM, Bauman TA. Native and invasive bunchgrasses have different responses to trail disturbance on California coastal prairies. Plant Ecology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11258-022-01284-z
9) Toone TA, Ahler SJ, Larson JE, Luong JC, Martinez-Baena F, Ordóñez-Parra CA, Silva MC, van der Ouderaa IBC. Inclusive restoration: Ten recommendations to support LGBTQ+ researchers in restoration science. Restoration Ecology.
8) Holl KD, Luong JC, Brancalion PHS. Overcoming biotic homogenization in ecological restoration. Trends in Ecology and Evolution.
7) Luong JC, Loik ME. 2022. Adjustments in physiological and morphological traits suggest drought-induced competitive
release of some California plants. Ecology and Evolution 12(4): e8773.
6) Luong JC. 2022. Non-periodic grassland restoration management can promote native woody shrub encroachment. Restoration Ecology.
5) +Motta CI, Luong JC, Seltmann KC. 2022. Plant-arthropod interactions of an endangered California lupine. Ecology and Evolution.
https://doi.org/10.1002/ece3.8688 View pdf
4) Luong JC, Holl KD, Loik ME. 2021. Leaf traits and phylogeny explain plant survival and community dynamics in response
to extreme drought in a restored coastal grassland. Journal of Applied Ecology 58(8): 1670-1680.
3) Luong JC, Loik, ME. 2021. Selecting coastal California prairie species for climate-smart grassland restoration. Grasslands 31(1): 4-9.
2) Luong JC, Nolan MN, Stratton LC. 2019. The importance of pilot studies and understanding microhabitat requirements
when reintroducing endemic plants during coastal dune restoration. Journal of Coastal Conservation 23: 552-562.
3-min Video Summary
1) Luong JC, Turner PL, Phillipson CN, Seltmann KC. 2019. Local grassland restoration affects insect communities. Ecological Entomology 44(4): 471-479. https://doi.org/10.1111/een.12721
+Mentorship paper #Published with undergrads